Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Definition of Terms
· "I", "me" and "my" refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are customers. "This agreement" means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and any other Camper Vanatics documentation, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
· "Camper Vanatics" means Camper Vanatics Ltd, owned by Mark Logan and Sarah Bogun of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex.
· "Customer" means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading "Hire Details" on the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
· "Living Equipment" includes, but is not limited to crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils and bedding.
· "Rental Period" means the hire period referred to under the heading "Booking Details" on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
· “Rental Charges” means the sums payable by the Customer for the Rental Period
· "Vehicle" means the vehicle described under the heading "Vehicle Details" on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Camper Vanatics.
· "Security Deposit" means the Vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading "Vehicle Security Deposit" in the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement.
Hire charges and quotes include
· VAT (charged at the prevailing rate)
· Unlimited mileage for the duration of your Motor Rental Agreement
· UK standard vehicle insurance
· UK Standard equipment & breakdown
Rental and other charges
· I will pay Camper Vanatics
· All rental charges
· The security deposit
· The nominated valeting fee of £50 if the camper is not returned with the interior in a clean condition
· The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to the hire
· The cost of any damage or loss to the camper or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance
· All tolls, parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the camper, and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period.
· Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Camper Vanatics as a result of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement
Credit Card Payment
· When payment is paid by a credit card, I agree that;
· Camper Vanatics is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, any amounts due in respect to damage to the Vehicle or to property of a third party and all other additional charges as they are incurred (including all parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines, congestion charges, and associated administration costs);
· I will not dispute my liability to Camper Vanatics for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Camper Vanatics against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit card issuer of such dispute.
· Camper Vanatics may process the credit card voucher; in the event that Camper Vanatics elects to accept payment of the Security Deposit by holding an open security payment which will be cancelled at the completion of the Rental Period, I agree that Camper Vanatics is entitled to recover payment from my credit card issuer pursuant to paragraph (1) in respect of any amounts due which were not known at the time of cancelling the open security payment.
· A refundable security deposit of normally £500 (this may be higher for drivers not meeting conditions, overseas drivers and festival periods) is payable by cleared bank cheque, bank transfer, credit/debit card payment over the phone, or PayPal Business. This is fully refundable within 14 working days upon return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed time and date. The vehicle should be returned in the same condition in which it was let, the interior clean, including all cooking appliances, and the tank full of fuel. If any deductions need to be made, the outstanding balance will be paid back to you within 14 days. Should any damages exceed the security deposit the customer will be responsible for all additional costs.
· You will be provided with fully comprehensive insurance for the duration of the Rental Period, covering damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party.
· Your personal belongings are not covered by this insurance. It is your responsibility to cover personal items and belongings
· The Vehicle may only be driven by the hirer named on the Rental Agreement and any additional drivers authorised by us.
Our insurance does not give you complete cover, the amount that is not covered is the Excess, which will be shown on the rental agreement. The insurance does not cover the windscreen, damage to tyres, loss of keys, or loss or theft of the living equipment.
· If you or anyone on your behalf cause damage or loss deliberately to the vehicle then you will have to pay for the cost of repair or replacement.
· If any damage occurs to the Vehicle for which an insurance claim cannot be made such as that caused by other unidentified persons or vehicles or by hitting low-level objects such as bridges or low-hanging trees, the Customer shall be deemed fully responsible.
· I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read.
· Drivers must be at least 25 years old and no more than 70 years old.
· Drivers must have held a valid full license for 2 or more years.
The following persons are excluded from driving
Ÿ Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving license endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
Ÿ Drivers with more than 3 penalty points on their driving licence will not be permitted to rent a Vehicle from the Company.
Ÿ Persons who have any mental or physical defect or infirmity or suffers from fits, diabetes or any heart complaint.
Ÿ Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
Ÿ Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
Ÿ Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
Ÿ Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
Ÿ Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
The Customer and all drivers must present two forms of identification (in addition to their driving licence) when collecting the Vehicle. At least one should include the Customer’s home address. Acceptable forms include, but are not limited to, passports, bank statements and utility bills.
· Details of additional drivers will be required prior to the commencement of your Motor Rental Agreement.
· Production of valid driver’s license required from all drivers at the start of hire.
· Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets, speeding charges) tolls and congestion charges which are incurred during the period of hire. Where these are received by Camper Vanatics they must be reimbursed along with an administration charge of £25 in each case
Use of Vehicle
· I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the Vehicle to be;
driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
used in a manner which could cause damage
driven in a prohibited area
driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
used for the carrying of passengers for financial gain; and Sub-rent the Vehicle.
driven with the temporary raised roof up.
driven by persons:
Under the age of 25 years; or
Who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the Vehicle are set out under the heading 'Driver Details' in the Motor Rental Agreement.
Submersion in water
Contact with Salt Water except incidental contact from watersports equipment
used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement
used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
the vehicle must not be taken outside of the United Kingdom unless otherwise agreed with Camper Vanatics and the relevant Insurance having been provided in advance of vehicle pick-up.
Camper Vanatics practice a no smoking policy inside the Vehicle
pets are [not/ only] allowed [if previously agreed with Camper Vanatics. If you let pets into the vehicle without our permission, you will lose your security deposit.]
The Customer may not fit a roof rack, roof box or any other form of external carrier other than those approved and provided by the Company.
All drivers must be aware of the height of the camper van, including any equipment loaded onto roof or bike racks, and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear - the obvious examples are height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event Insurance will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages.
The Customer must always lock the Vehicle and use the steering lock provided and activate any installed security systems when leaving it unattended, irrespective of the length of time for which it will be so left.
Parking fines, speeding charges, tolls and congestion charges received by Camper Vanatics must be reimbursed along with an administration charge of £25 in each case.
Collection and Return of Vehicle
Please allow one hour for the hand-over of the vehicle and completion of the documentation, for a demonstration of the vehicle and to transfer your luggage. Please allow the same for the return of the delivery
[Confirmation of the pick up time will be agreed prior to the pick up date. Please also let us know when you will be returning the vehicle]
[Vehicles on a weekend hire shall be available for pick up after midday on the Friday and need to be returned before 2pm on the Monday.
Vehicles on a week’s hire shall be available for pick up after midday on the Saturday and need to be returned before 2pm on the Friday.]
[The vehicle shall be returned by 4pm on the day of drop off.]
You will be able to pick the vehicle up with a full tank of fuel. Please ensure that the vehicle is returned with a full tank of [Unleaded Fuel] allowing for travel from a nearby Brighton and Hove petrol station. Failure to do so will result in the Customer being charged for the required amount of fuel and an excess of £25.
If the Hire’s car is left at Camper Vanatics premises it is done so entirely at the Hirer’s own risk. Camper Vanatics cannot accept liability for any damages or losses.
If the Customer is late in returning the Vehicle by more than 2 hours the Company shall charge the Customer for an additional day’s rental at the normal daily rate for that Vehicle plus any additional relevant charges, surcharges or excesses. The Rental Term will be extended by one day. The provisions of this sub-shall continue to apply daily until the Vehicle is returned.
· Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Camper Vanatics and [a non-returnable] deposit of [£150] has been received. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due [six] weeks prior to departure.
· Payment is by credit card (Visa, Amex or Mastercard), credit/debit cards, PayPal Business or cleared cheque in Pounds Sterling.
· For late bookings (less than [six] weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed. Cheques will not be acceptable for late bookings (less than 2 weeks prior to departure).
Cancellation and Termination of Agreement
· Cancellation fees:
more than 28 days before prior to the hire booking: Booking deposit
28 – 14 prior to the hire booking: 50% of total hire charge
Less than 14 days prior to the hire booking: 100% of total hire charges
· You may terminate this agreement at any time during the rental period by giving notice to Camper Vanatics at the address stated above. No refund of any payment made by you will be made in those circumstances.
· Camper Vanatics reserves the right to recall the Vehicle immediately at any time. In the event that Camper Vanatics exercises this right the Customer will be reimbursed for any and all full and half days remaining in the Rental Term or will be issued immediately with a replacement Vehicle at no additional cost.
Terminating the Agreement
· I acknowledge that Camper Vanatics may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if;
· (a) I am in breach of any term of this Agreement;
· (b) I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
· (c) The Vehicle appears to be abandoned
· (d) The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Camper Vanatics reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
· (e) Camper Vanatics considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is in danger. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit
· If the Vehicle is not returned to Camper Vanatics on request the Customer shall be deemed to have authorised Camper Vanatics to enter the Customer’s property and use any means necessary to recover the vehicle. The Customer shall be charged for any costs associated with such recovery.
· I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks, water and batteries.
· I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Camper Vanatics camper vans run on PETROL
· I acknowledge that Camper Vanatics will reimburse me for expenditure up to £40.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle ( not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio) provided that:
I produce relevant receipts; and
I have received the prior consent of Camper Vanatics;
The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
· Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period PROVIDED THAT Camper Vanatics will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if; a) I produce relevant receipts; b) The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Camper Vanatics for inspection; and c) The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty, I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel ( fuel being diesel [or petrol] )
· I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without prior written consent of Camper Vanatics.
Ÿ The Vehicle will be supplied in a clean and road-worthy condition having been fully valeted and subjected to a full mechanical inspection which includes topping up all necessary fluids and oil and checks on all tyres. The Customer shall ensure that the Vehicle is returned to the Company in a similarly clean and road-worthy condition.
Accidents and Breakdowns
· In the event of any accident, loss or damage to the vehicle you must:
Safeguard our interest in the event of an accident involving the vehicle, by obtaining the names and addresses of all relevant drivers and witnesses, details including registration numbers of any other vehicle involved, securing the vehicle and report the event the nearest police station.
Complete a European accident report form as supplied;
Not make any admission of liability to other parties
Assist us in handling any claims arising from the event, including providing all relevant information and attending court if necessary.
· You will pay any cost relating to the delivery of a replacement vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of fault.
· In the event of a breakdown or accident, a breakdown service is at the disposal of the hirer, details of which will be given out at the start of the rental period. Under no circumstances should the Customer use any other recovery service.
· For faults and repairs, in the first instance call Camper Vanatics - emergency contact details will be given to you at point of collection.
· If any mechanical failure occurs during the term of the Rental the Customer must immediately cease driving the Vehicle and contact Camper Vanatics
· Camper Vanatics will bear the expense of any remedial work required provided the damage or failure is not found to be the fault of the Customer and provided such remedial work is carried out by an authorised repairer.
· The Customer should not attempt to make any repairs to the Vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, CHANGING WHEELS, mechanical repairs and bodywork repairs. In the event of such failure Camper Vanatics shall have the option of repairing the Vehicle or making a replacement Vehicle available to the Customer.
· If the Vehicle is stolen the Customer must firstly inform the police of the incident, providing all details requested. The customer must then inform Camper Vanatics providing all details of the incident including information provided by the police including, where relevant, the crime reference number.
I warrant that all the information supplied by me to in connection with this agreement is true.
I acknowledge that Camper Vanatics retains title to the Vehicle and its contents and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Camper Vanatics credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
Release and Indemnity of Camper Vanatics
(a) Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Camper Vanatics, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
1. Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
2. Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Camper Vanatics premises or recovered or handled by Camper Vanatics.
(b) Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Camper Vanatics, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Camper Vanatics, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Subject to the exceptions in the paragraph below Camper Vanatics will not share the Customer’s personal data with any third parties for any reasons without the prior consent of the Customer. Such data will only be collected, processed and held in accordance with the Camper Vanatics’s rights and obligations arising under the provisions and principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
That Camper Vanatics has the right to pass on any personal information provided by the Customer to relevant authorities including, but not limited to, the DVLA and the police. In the event that the Customer is in breach of these Terms and Conditions Camper Vanatics may also pass on any such information to credit reference agencies and debt recovery agencies.
No failure by either Camper Vanatics or the Customer to enforce the performance of any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce that provision or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions. Such failure shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach and shall not constitute a continuing waiver.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Any dispute between the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Camper Vanatics and by me.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Camper Vanatics reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.
Camper Vanatics reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any given time.